Tuesday, May 26, 2009

U1600 Rd1: Norths Bears vs Norths Grizzlies Results

My first game tonight in the U1600 was against Robert Pike. We were on Board 1. Time controls were G/75 + 30 min.

I initially had already waited 15 minutes for Robert before his team member Rex asked me to just start the clock. Robert arrived some 10 minutes afterwards. In the end, he just failed to reach the first time control (within 30 moves) and he played his 30th move just after the time has passed and I flagged him.

I felt a bit guilty to win in this manner. In some ways, I wish I didn't have to resort to winning on time.

Overall, my U1600 team (Norths Bears) didn't do well.

Roger and Michael lost on Boards 2 and 4 respectively while David drew on Board 3. So our team lost 1.5-2.5. Ouch.

Tomorrow is my U1800 match vs Paramatta and it is likely that I will be on 4th board. I'm not sure what the arrangements are with Paramatta but I expect to play possibly Joshua Christensen who is rated some 100++ points above me. I expect it to be a tough fight. Joshua has beaten me before last year in the Ryde Eastwood club championships. I like to play against Joshua. He's a good player and has a wonderful attitude.

1 comment:

  1. I want to see the game so that i can see if you stood better or not.

    Also, dont feel bad about winning on time. Time is part of the game which you as a gentleman gave a little to your opp by waiting for 15 minutes (and maybe even longer if the teammate of your opp hadn't said to push his clock).

    ReplyDelete