Wednesday, September 12, 2007

NSWCA Grade Presentation At Ryde Eastwood RSL

Yes, the annual presentation is here upon us again. So I brought along a small camera to take pictures of the presentation. Unfortunately, being an absolute klutz at digital photography (aka. me fiddling around with some rather strange looking camera buttons), I was unable to take some of the presentations so if there are any photos of anyone I missed, I most humbly apologise. Sorry.

A lightning competition was organised at the same venue. As is fast becoming customary, George Xie took first place. Vladimir Smirnov came in second.

Unrated moi (aka. me) participated in the event just for fun (I mean, how often do you get to play players who are clearly out of your league?) I had a really fun time, getting beaten the living daylights by just about every opponent. It's a good thing my torture only lasted 9 rounds.

Anyway, onto the presentation photos. My heartiest congratulations to all the winners!


IM George Xie (ELO 2406) 6½/7 (Canterbury) Board prize in the Open division.


Robert Kovacs 6½/9 (St George) Board prize in the U1500 division.


Neil Wright 8/9 (ELO 2199) (Sydney Academy of Chess) Board prize in the Open division.


Blair Mandla (ELO 1874) 8/8 (Parramatta) Board prize in the U1900 division.


Vasil Tulevski (ELO 1878) 6/8 (Parramatta) Board prize in the U1900 division.


Nick Kordahi 7½/8 (St George) Board prize in the U1700 division.


Blair Mandla receiving his teams challenge medals.


Norm Greenwood (North Sydney) receiving his teams challenge medal.


Sean Gu receiving his prize


Vladimir Smirnov (ELO 2260) receiving his teams challenge board prize and medal.


Brendon Norman (ELO 1902) receiving his teams challenge board prize and medal.


Anton Smirnov collecting teams challenge medals

No comments:

Post a Comment