Black had just played 1... Qxc3.
I arrived at this position as White. Things are quite hairy on the board.
The questions to ask are:
1. How would you evaluate this position?
2. What are Black's general plans?
3. What should White's general plans be?
4. What should White play?
Note that in this position here, there is no right nor wrong answer.
I do not have a definite answer here.
All I do know is this:
1. White is definitely going to lose the d4-pawn as it cannot be defended.
A couple of things went through my mind.
2. In the end, I thought for a while and played 2. Qb1 (This was objectively not the best move).
My idea was to play Rc1 on the next move (utilising the pin on the King) but after 2... Qxd4. The position was still tedious and I still had a bit of a long fight ahead of me.
FEN position listed below.
[ 2kr3r/R5pp/1p6/1P3p2/3Pp3/2q2P1P/6P1/3Q1R1K w - - 0 28 ]
What would you do?
Find out what would you play then run this through Fritz/Rybka/your fav chess engine.