Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Daylight Savings

Australia (well, most states anyway) has officially switched over to daylight savings, turning the clock forward by an hour.

This has the most unfortunate side effect of my working hours changing from 8.30am-5.30pm to 10am-7pm. I am not playing in any competitions so the time shifts doesn't have too much of an effect on me. I used to rush like mad from office to the tournament hall because the games typically start at 7.30pm.

The good part is that I now have more time in the morning before I start work. I usually head down to the gym around 7.30am and spent at least 45 min there before showering and heading back to the office to begin my day. But now I have an extra 1.5 hours to kill time.

I'm planning on spending some of this time and relaxing/listening to chess lectures on my iPod or solving chess/crossword puzzles.

My brother-in-law Steven is doing very well at the Ford Memorial tournament, having started off with 4 wins out of 4.

Fellow blogger Weng from the Ryde-Eastwood club was away in Europe and I hope to catch up with him on his travels when next we meet.

Having been away from chess for so long, I realised I've got a huge backlog of chess stuff to go through. Dearie me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment