Friday, May 7, 2010

Starting Over Knightmares


I'm intending to play for North Sydney against St George next Tuesday at Norths RSL.

As I've not effectively played for more than a year, rustiness has indeed crept in and playing silly moves without much afterthought is going to be a problem for me.

In the meantime, I've not been doing much chess wise. This weekend I'll be busy as I've got relatives over for a short visit and will be having dinner with them.

The problem with being so long out of playing chess is that you've really forgotten all your lines.

Playing on freechess (FICS) didn't help matters as I lost game after game due to silly errors like leaving my pieces en-prise and falling for 1-2 move tactical tricks (shows how much I've backslided).

2 comments:

  1. The problem with being so long out of playing chess is that you've really forgotten all your lines.

    This wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have any lines in the first place.

    ReplyDelete