Monday, February 14, 2011

My New Gadget


Yes, I finally decided to treat myself and got an ebook reader. It's definitely not the top-of-the-line model but a simple relatively inexpensive one that does the job remarkably well.

It reads EPUB books fine and I've been busy away from chess, reading the many free ebooks available from the web (like this one above) from H G Wells's famous novel, The Invisible Man (if you're interested, look for titles under Project Gutenburg).

The nice thing about this reader is that it also allows me to read chess documents and books!


The one shown above is Shipov's analysis of the San Luis tournament of 2005 that I've stored from the web.

Using a free book management software called Calibre, I converted the webpage (retaining the copyrights etc.) and store it locally onto the reader to be read at my own leisure. Very neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment