Sunday, August 26, 2007

Creating A Study Plan

Yes, unfortunately, like any knowledge you wish to acquire and be good at, you need to study it.

For chess this means to become better at chess, I have to adopt a study plan.

The problem with my chess is multifold. Where do I begin?

If I study the endgame, my opening suffers, if I study the opening, my middlegame suffer, and what about positional play, or tactics?

I've read countless online chess tutorials and their advice was to study tactics, tactics and more tactics.

But then to improve my chess, should I go back to the beginning and study 1 or 2 move checkmates, pins, forks, skewers? Or should I go for more complicated examples?

It appears that this might be the only way to go for me. At my current level, there's little point in learning endgames and openings if I am failing to see weaknesses in my positions and falling to simple pins and skewers. In the meantime, I also need to also look through my own games of where I gone wrong so I can improve my game.

Gosh, I wonder how people can spend time to learn all these things outside of work and family life.

Starting tomorrow, I will draw up a plan to study chess to manage my time more efficiently and I am also going to work on chess tactics, one diagram everyday. *gulp*

No comments:

Post a Comment